Virtual Open House
February 21, 2023:
March 15, 2023:
April 13, 2023:
Begin your 100% Online MFA in Communication Design today
KU offers the first & only Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Communication Design (KUCD) within the PA State system of Higher Education. Our 100% online program is geared toward working professionals and our classes are designed to work around your schedule. While we don’t get together here in Kutztown, we are actively engaged with our cohorts through “in-person” zoom meetings, critiques, and class discussion.
KUCD is a community of designers — graphic designers, advertising designers, interactive designers, illustrators, design entrepreneurs, design educators (aspiring and current) — who are passionate about what they create. Take control of the creative freedom that our 100% online curriculum provides to explore personal and professional design aspirations. We empower you to evoke meaningful change, develop your strengths and celebrate the future of design—all through individual development and visual expression.
This program is for designers who want to:
- challenge their creativity and update their portfolio
- change their design career path
- level-up their skill set for creative leadership roles
- or become a College or University design educator
Design your Future
Small class sizes allows students to work one-on-one with faculty to develop their own design voice—whether it’s graphic design, interactive design, advertising design, illustration or education— to customize their education learning to their personal career goals.
We encourage students to think innovatively and use in-depth investigation to solve design problems and formulate creative expression. The KUCD MFA program promotes a well-rounded education through the study of design history, contemporary topics, typography, emerging media, and the exploration of personal and professional goals. Students ultimately create an original capstone graduate research project exploring their creative path to professional or academic aspirations.
Your experience begins with Journey Week — an amazing four days of online sessions diving into the MFA experience, launching your first classes, and getting to know your cohort.
To download a .pdf with more information including course requirements and curriculum structure, please click here.
Why a KUCD MFA?
- 100% ONLINE
- CUSTOMIZED LEARNING — DESIGN YOUR EDUCATION
- Affordable state school tuition
- Passionate qualified faculty
- NASAD Accredited
MFA in Communication Design SLOs:
- Solve communication challenges through identifying the issues, targeting audience, researching, and/or developing innovative solutions.
- Create and develop visual solutions in response to communication challenges.
- Determine audience objectives based upon a spectrum of human factors; test audience response; and/or assess the outcomes.
- Apply the contexts of past, current and future design.
- Communicate with other creative professionals through research-based, cohesive and persuasive rhetoric.
You must be logged in to post a comment.